Monday, September 3, 2012

Catching Up

dining room
It was a whirlwind summer around here. I had grand plans of finishing lots of quilts, organizing and cleaning up "life". All in the hopes that I would start this new chapter, the one in which our heroine goes to grad school, fresh. Then I remember, it's not fiction I am writing, it's reality and in reality "life" happens, people have strokes, stores close and open and projects stay on hold. It's these moments that I am humbled. I've made it through so far. I survive. Breath in and out...

clean table

chair

Yesterday marked a milestone for me, Trey and I cleaned the entire house, including the dining room. I know, big deal...well YES, it kinda is a big deal. My dining room table is where I collect life's clutter, where I type this blog, where I cut out fabric, where I eat, where I sit and talk with family. And frankly, it's ALWAYS a mess. So today, it's clean. I know it won't stay that way, but for the moment it feels so good to see the color of the table, not noticing bills and piles around me. I feel calm, for this moment. I can do it.

loom
So I dedicate this post to catching up, or at least trying to. My clean dining room documented for myself as a reminder that I will make it in my own time. And for you, a picture of what is looming around the bend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to hear about your journey through grad school. Hope we get to catch some glimpses of your work here!

    ReplyDelete